Stay Hydrated With 5 Of Our Favourite Water Bottles
With summer just around the corner, it’s a great time to get outdoors and enjoy the warmer weather with a hike or camping trip. But even a gentle circular walk or setting up camp is going to require some physical exertion; and with it only taking a 2% loss of your body weight in water for you to be affected by dehydration, it’s important to keep your water levels topped up. Once you reach a loss of 5%, your physical ability can be restricted by up to 30%, putting a real strain on your body and mind. Regular water breaks and snacks are going to keep you hydrated and healthy.
Here are five of our favourite water bottles and flasks.
Hydro Flask Standard Mouth 21OZ (621ml)
- 18/8 pro-grade stainless steel
- BPA and phthalate free
- Durable, condensation-free powder coated finish is easy to grip
- Capacity: 621ml
- Weight: 340g
A beautiful looking flask that performs as good as it looks. The outside of the bottle is coated in a bespoke powder for a sweat-free and easy-grip matt finish. Inside the flask a double wall vacuum and a unique honey-construct lid keep water cool for up to 24hrs.
- 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
- Electropolished interior does not retain or impart flavours
- Sustainably harvested bamboo and stainless steel cap with attachment loop
- Cap is leakproof and creates an all-stainless interior
- Rounded corners are easy to clean
- BPA free
- Capacity: 800ml
High-grade materials and construction techniques complement the clean looks for a bottle that delivers a true taste in a sustainable package.
Tritan Wide Mouth Glow 1L
- Made from durable Eastman Tritan copolyester (BPA free)
- Expose to light for a while and it will glow in the dark
- High impact resistance
- Loop-top design ensures you'll never lose the lid
- Capacity: 1 litre
- Weight: 179g
Simple and robust, the Nalgene Wide Mouth is one of the most popular bottles we sell. Fill up the bottle at the wide mouth, pop in a couple of ice cubes, screw on the loop-top lid and your'e away. This model has the added benefit of glowing in the dark, making it easy to find at night.
Podium Big Chill 25 Bottle
- Double-wall construction keeps water cold twice as long as regular sport bottles
- Easy to clean; the nozzle is removable and all parts are top-rack dishwasher safe
- Innovative, self-sealing Jet Valve stops spills
- BPA and BPS free
- Capacity: 750ml
- Weight: 159g
More than just an insulated sports bottle, the Cambelbak Big Chill has a revolutionary nozzle which opens and closes all by itself, for hands-free hydration. The nozzle also has a handbrake-like lock which when applied seals the bottle for long distance transport.
Traveller Bottle 0.6L
- High grade aluminium
- Light and durable
- EcoCare inner lining is acid resistant and flavour-free
- BPA free
- Capacity: 600ml
- Weight: 108g
With the Traveller, Sigg live up to their well-earned reputation for making super durable, high quality bottles. Made from a single piece of impact-resistant aluminium, it’s BPA free, completely watertight and features their Sigg-nature bottle lid. Inside the bottle there’s a coating of EcoCare keeping your drink metallic-free and ready to quench your thirst.
About the Author:
Pete Fletcher - Outdoor Expert
Pete grew up hiking most of the trails in the Lake District before being introduced to skiing. A few decades later and you’re most likely to find him snowboarding, skateboarding or making a mean coffee.