Ordnance Survey GetOutside Planning Jason Rawles
This spring and summer we are launching a series of talks and practical workshops to help improve outdoor skills, confidence and competence.
During these talks Jason will be sharing his experience with tips, guidance and thoughts to help you plan safe and fun adventures and to help build your confidence in the outdoors.
Jason will be sharing:
- How to plan and prepare effectively
- Getting the most from your time outdoors
- Map skills and how Ordnance Survey support your adventure journey
- Essential kit and cost effective ways to get the most from your equipment
- Emergency procedures
- Some of his adventure experiences to inspire your next
There will be spot prizes throughout the talk and the chance to ask questions. It's time to get excited and start to think about planning your next adventure…
Instore Talks Dates & Tickets
Tuesday 25th April 2017
Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports, Intu Braehead, PA4 8XQ
Tuesday 13th June 2017 (this is the new rescheduled date and maybe different from that published elsewhere)
Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7HA
Thursday 15th June 2017
Thursday 15th June 2017 (this event is now CANCELLED) Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports, Duke St, Manchester, M3 4NF
Tuesday 27th June 2017 (this is the new rescheduled date and maybe different from that published elsewhere)
Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports, 160 Whiteladies Rd, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2XZ
1 Day Workshops
Jason will be your guide for a day to help you get more from your time outdoors in these practical sessions.
During these 1 day workshops, as individuals and as a team, you will:
- Learn how to start your adventure in the best way possible.
- Look at and play with the kit needed to be involved in safe and fun adventures in an outdoor environment
- Learn, practice and apply map reading skills to help build your confidence in getting outdoors safely
- Discuss and understand emergency procedures and how to keep yourself and others safe
- Look at ways to make your adventure more fun and engaging particularly if you will be taking families outdoors
- Dealing with any questions, concerns or worries that people may have with planning amazing adventure experiences
During these workshops we will not be travelling very far but we will be going in to the outdoors and off the beaten track into areas where the weather and conditions may not be favourable.
Once you have confirmed booking we shall send a suggested kit list and 72hrs before the day we will confirm expected weather conditions along with location meet point.
1 Day Workshops Dates & Tickets
1 Day Course: £25.00
Saturday 13th May, 10am - 4pm
Sunday 14th May, 10am - 4pm
THE LAKE DISTRICT
Saturday 27th May, 10am - 4pm
Sunday 28th May, 10am - 4pm
THE PEAK DISTRICT
Saturday 10th June, 10am - 4pm
If you’re planning to make a weekend of the 1 day workshops then for your convenience we have compiled a list of a few suggested campsites and hostels nearby the meet points that you may want to consider.
Meet point: Car park
Near Townsend Farm, Axbridge
Grid Ref: E: 342299 N: 154654
- Acacia Farm
- Broadway Cottage Caravan and Camping
Cheddar Road, Axbridge
- Petruth Paddocks
- YHA Cheddar
0345 371 9730
Meet point: Eskdale YHA car park
Grid Ref: E: 319500 N: 501070
Meet point: Edale car park
Opposite the station
Grid Ref: E: 412443 N: 385362