£2 from every mask and face covering purchase goes to the Youth Adventure Trust
Please note this item is non returnable due to health and safety reasons.
UYN LAUNCHES ITS ERGONOMIC, WASHABLE, SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY MASK
Masks can support awareness of social distancing and health-related behaviour, both for ourselves and in our interactions with others. The UYN Community Mask fits perfectly around the mouth and nose, ensuring ergonomic sealing at the edges. Its three-dimensional knitting technology make it breathable, and the incorporation of Texlyte Nano means it is moisture-repellent and dries very quickly. It is important to wash the mask regularly at 60°C. This is sufficient to eliminate pathogens and viruses. The mask should be used by one person only; it is also suitable for sporting activities. Long-lasting and re-usable.
The Community Mask is not a medical product and does not provide protection from infection. It acts as a barrier that reduces the risk of infecting others because it can shorten the range of the droplets that are ejected when people cough, sneeze and speak.
HOW TO USE?
Masks can support awareness of social distancing and health-related behaviour, both for ourselves and in our interactions with others. Nonetheless, protective instructions such as maintaining a distance of 1-2 metres and hand washing should never be neglected.
- Since you touch your face when putting on the mask, your hands should be thoroughly washed or disinfected beforehand.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the mask. The UYN® logo must be visible on the outside.
- Attach the straps well behind the ears.
- Pull the mask into position. It must sit well over the nose and close off under the chin.
- Press the mask tightly once and check that it fits well. Do not touch the mask with your hands while wearing it.
- Remove the mask from your face using the straps at the sides (from back to front), but do not touch the mask. After taking off the mask it is important to thoroughly wash or disinfect your hands.Pull the mask into position. It must sit well over the nose and close off under the chin.
The Texlyte Nano used for the Community Mask has been certified and produced in Europe according to Oekotex Standard 100. It does not cause any allergies and is therefore particularly suitable for articles with high hygiene standards.
Texlyte Nano has a very low conductivity so it guarantees an exceptionally high level of insulation – which makes for excellent thermal comfort.
Texlyte Nano is 50% lighter than cotton and 34% lighter than polyester, so of all synthetic fibres this material is very well suited for use as a mask.
Texlyte Nano is hydrophobic by nature. The moisture-repellent property of the yarn is permanent and is not affected by repeated washing. Texlyte Nano does not store moisture but dries very quickly. For pleasant wear comfort.
The production and maintenance of Texlyte Nano requires 30% less energy than for polyester. No pesticides or toxic dyes are used. For this reason, experts consider it to be one of the most environment-friendly synthetic fibres. Furthermore, Texlyte Nano is 100% recyclable.
Abrasion, tension and tearing is no problem for Texlyte Nano. Its abrasion resistance is 2.5 times higher than that of cotton. Even sweat, sun and moisture have no effect on the durability of Texlyte Nano.
Due to the hydrophobic property of Texlyte Nano, the material is insensitive to dirt, can be washed at 60°C and dries within a short time. Ironing is not necessary. The mask can be used again after a short time.