The Squad XL is a larger fit goggle, using a semi-rimless style frame and cylindrical lens resulting in a stylish minimalist look. With Smith's key technologies used and complete with two premium ChromaPop lenses, you are set for all conditions you are likely to encounter on the mountain.
Lens: ChromaPop Sun Black + ChromaPop Storm Rose Flash
VLT: 12% (CAT 3) + 50% (CAT 1)
Lens Shape: Cylindrical
ChromaPop Sun Black – With a 12% VLT this lens is suited for very bright cloudless days on the mountain and higher altitudes where maximum protection is required.
ChromaPop Storm Rose Flash – With a 50% VLT this lens is tuned to optimise contrast and increase definition when the storms come in and conditions deteriorate.
Visual Light Transmission, VLT, refers to the amount of light that penetrates a lens. A low percentage means less light passes through and a higher percentage lets an increased amount of light through. A lens with a lower VLT rating is better for bright conditions, where as one with a higher VLT is more suited for overcast and snowy days.
- Smith’s ChromaPop lens technology filters two specific wavelengths of light that cause colour confusion. The result is a lens that offers greater definition, more natural colour and better clarity.
- The cylindrical lens is made using Smith’s Carbonic-x material which is tough, impact-resistant, and provides crystal clear vision.
- Fog-X uses a hydrophilic treatment that is micro-etched onto the surface of the inner lens which absorbs moisture to prevent fogging.
- TLT (Tapered Lens Technology) corrects the optical distortion caused when light passes through a curved lens by gradually reducing the thickness of the lens from the centre to the edge.
- Responsive Fit frame flexes and adjusts to the shape of your face for a more comfortable and precise fit.
- Dual-slide strap adjustment system can be altered for different head sizes and for wearing a helmet.
- The ultra-wide silicone backed strap keeps goggles securely in place and grips to the outside of helmets.
- The 3-layer DriWix face foam is comfortable and dry while adding a solid fit.
- Includes a microfibre goggle bag which can be used for cleaning the lens.