The Monster Bike Ride
The team at our Cambridge store are throwing their support behind Grammy Award-winning tenor Paul Phoenix's 'Monster Bike Ride' challenge this month.
Paul will be setting out from Cape Wrath (the most north westerly tip of the mainland British Isles) to Dover (in the south eastern tip of England), a ride of some 800 miles, to support his friend's charity 'Sarah's Spirit'.
Sarah Gostick was a mum of four young children who died of Breast cancer in 2014. She was an amazingly positive person, full of life and love. 'Sarah's Spirit' is about taking the energy and emotion that might otherwise be spent on grieving and channeling it into positive action to help children who are less fortunate than our own. She was inspired by the Watoto Children's Choir and wanted to build something to help them, so this is our first project.....
Watoto is a movement in Uganda which builds and runs orphanages. Their aim is to Rescue, Raise and Rebuild these orphaned children's lives and make them the next generation of leaders for Africa. Paul is aiming to raise substantial funds for 'Sarah's Spirit' from his bike ride, both through direct sponsorship and by stopping along the route to give Master Classes to choirs in return for a donation. (Please contact Paul if you would like to receive a Master Class for your choir at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can come out and support Paul on his trip at the following locations:
- Monday Sept. 22: Durness, Scotland.
- Tuesday Sept. 23: Altnaharra, Scotland.
- Wednesday Sept. 24: Invergordon, Scotland.
- Thursday Sept. 25: Aviemore, Scotland.
- Friday Sept. 26: Pitlochry, Scotland.
- Saturday Sept. 27: Perth, Scotland.
- Sunday Sept. 28: Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Monday Sept. 29: Eyemouth, Scotland.
- Tuesday Sept. 30: Alnwick, England.
- Wednesday Oct. 1: Newcastle, England.
- Thursday Oct. 2: Richmond (N. Yorks!) England.
- Friday Oct. 3: York, England.
- Saturday Oct. 4: Gainsborough, England.
- Sunday Oct. 5: Grantham/Stamford, England.
- Monday Oct. 6: Gransden, England.
- Wednesday Oct. 8: London, England.
- Thursday Oct. 9: Dover, England.
Paul is looking for overnight accommodation and a big supper in many of the places listed above! Are you able to offer Paul a bed for the night to help him on his way? Please contact Paul via Facebook or at: email@example.com You can donate to this project and worthy charity, by going to: www.sarahs-spirit.com and click on the JustGiving icon.
Follow Paul's Trip on Twitter: @realpaulphoenix