How To Get On And Off A Chair Lift In 5 Steps
Our partners, New Generation, have produced a series of how-to videos for first-time skiers. They have 20 years’ experience in helping people develop their technique, build confidence, and have fun on the slopes.
Chairlifts are the most common type of lift in a ski resort. In this video, you will learn how to safely and easily make it to the top of the slope using a chairlift in 5 easy steps.
How To Get On and Off a Chair Lift in 5 Steps
- Step 1: Line up at the gate and move through it quickly once it opens.
- Step 2: With your poles in one hand, look over your shoulder, guiding your self onto the chairlift with the other hand.
- Step 3: Once you're sat down in the back of the seat, lower the safety bar.
- Step 4: When approaching the station, lift the safety bar up and angle the tips of your skis upwards.
- Step 5: Keep your skis parallel, stand up and push yourself away from the chair.
Now you have mastered the chair lift, you're ready to head down the slopes. If you would like any more information on first-time skiing, check out New Generation's Learn to ski page.