Calum Muskett EB Climber
We are really thrilled to have Calum Muskett join Ellis Brigham as one of our supported athletes.
Based in North Wales Calum is quickly achieving notoriety and respect amongst the climbing world for his accomplishments.
Calum was born and brought up on the very edge of the Carneddau mountain range, a simple fact which has been hugely influential in his development as a climber. Calum has known the hills and mountains of North Wales since his earliest days and they have shaped his love of the outdoors and of mountain sports in particular.
At 13, Calum discovered climbing and was instantly hooked by the adventurous traditional rock climbs of Snowdonia. Since his first outing on the Idwal Slabs, he has travelled all over the world climbing difficult alpine routes as well as free climbing big walls such as El Capitan in Yosemite. Calum has a real enthusiasm about all types of climbing; he’s as happy cragging in the Llanberis Pass as he is on a committing alpine face and has a raft of new routes to his name up to E8. Calum is still as enthusiastic about his climbing now, as when he started and is always planning the next adventure!
Calum currently holds the mountain instructor award and is a winter mountain leader.
SIGNIFICANT ASCENTS IN THE UK:
- The Indian Face E9 6c and Rare Lichen E9 6c
- First ascents of Sentinel, Hope Faith and Charity and The Great Escape, all E8 6c
- On-sight ascents of multiple E7s
- Winter climbs up to Grade VIII 8
SIGNIFICANT ASCENTS ABROAD:
- Golden Gate 5.13a free ascent of El Capitan
- Divine Providence ED4 on Mont Blanc
- The Fish F7b+ in the Dolomites
- Paciencia F8a on the North Face of the Eiger
- Macleod-Muskett Grade VIII 8 first ascent on Aguja Guillaumet, Patagonia
Follow Calum on twitter at @CalumMuskett.