Mountain Equipment have made something truly special with their Tupilak series of packs. Developed specifically for climbers and mountaineers, they represent the very best in simple, functional design.
Lightweight, durable and weather resistant, these packs excel on rock, ice and mixed ground alike. Designed to offer On Demand Minimalism, the custom-made components are easily removable, reflecting the fact that not every feature will be needed all of the time. Whether worn fully loaded or stripped down to the bare essentials, careful design ensures the pack sits stable and fits comfortably – essential for those long dawn to dusk exploits.
The Tupilak 45+ is the largest of the series. With a 45 litre capacity, it is well suited to alpine and winter climbing on the steepest lines and biggest faces. A practical layout and clever storage options ensure space for all your climbing kit, so quickly accessing gloves or stashing crampons become second nature.
- PACT 300/100 fabrics: high tenacity nylon 6.6 with a double ripstop construction
- Durable Water Repellent outer coating, water impermeable TPU inner coating
- Fabrics offer optimal balance of durability, low weight and weather resistance
- Lightweight high density EVA back panel
- Adjustable high density EVA shoulder straps with load lifters
- Adjustable sternum strap
- 40mm webbing hipbelt with removable high density EVA moulded hip fins
- On Demand Minimalism; all components are removable
- Integrated cowl-lid closure for easy packing and weather protection
- Durable aluminium Grappler Buckle – one-handed pack closure system
- Internal roll-top closure
- Internal floating accessories pocket – accessible from inside or outside of pack
- Side compression straps with aluminium Hammerhead toggles
- Dual ice axe toggles with integrated pick pocket
- Supplied with shockcord system – can be used across front to stow additional gear
- Daisy chain system
- Front and rear haul loops
- Capacity: 45 litres
- Weight: 815g (600g stripped weight)