Keen Footwear: Better Takes Action Boat Tour
This summer we are proud to be partnering with KEEN as they tour Europe in the KEEN boat, a unique vessel made out of recycled PET Bottles fished up from Amsterdam canals, to raise awareness of plastic pollution and the solutions we can all take to help address this problem. A gigantic amount of 18 billion pounds of plastic ends up in the ocean each year. 80% of this plastic comes from land-based sources such as our neighbourhoods. We, along with KEEN, think it’s time to take action together with you, your friends and your family, to make our world a better place.
The outside starts as soon as we step out of our home or workplace. It's where we meet, play and feel healthier and free. Outside is one place that connects us all.
KEEN are not only "in business" to make shoes. They believe they need to do more than just that. As a brand that owes its existence to living a life outside, caring for the planet is an important core value of their company. So not only can we all continue to enjoy our world, but also our children, their children and generations to follow.
Through this tour they want to ‘spread the word’ to get outside, explore and protect together, and through their actions, inspire others to take action to protect our world. We would love to share more with you at this unique event about how KEEN care, create and give back.
Better Takes Action Boat Tour - Clean Up Event, London
Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th July
Meet up with the KEEN team and friends and partners including the Plastic Whale, the super team from the Outsiders Store and meet inspiring environmentalist and record-breaking stand-up paddle boarder Cal Major from Paddle Against Plastic for a totally unique plastic fishing event!
Together we’ll enjoy a fun morning, fishing on the KEEN boat and on kayaks in Regent’s Canal for plastic and then rewarding you for your efforts with drinks, snacks and a nice goody bag.
Program Saturday the 13th of July - KEEN Clean Up:
- 10:00 - 10:30 Welcome coffee at the Milk Float
- 10:30 - 11:00 Welcome talk
- 11:00 - 12:30 Plastic Fishing
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch and drinks
Sing up to Saturday here:
Program Sunday the 14th of July - KEEN Clean Up:
- 10:00 Welcome talk at The Outsiders Store
- 10:20 Walk to Regent’s Canal
- 10:30 Explanation on plastic fishing by the skipper and start plastic fishing trip
- 12:00 Closing drink/snack at The Outsiders Store
Sign up to Sunday here:
What to bring:
No special clothing is required, anything casual and comfortable which you don't mind getting wet. Comfy shoes – KEEN’s are an excellent choice. Please don't forget sun protection.
- KEEN will arrange a boat and kayaks for the plastic fishing trip. If you want to bring your own boat, kayak or SUP, that’s also possible. Please let us know in advance.
- Life jackets will be provided. Participants who do not have a swimming diploma, plus all participants aged 10 years or younger, must wear a life jacket on the boat. Lifejackets on kayaks are mandatory.
- All materials needed, such as gloves, fishing nets etc, will be provided.
- Minimum age to participate is 8 years. Children under 18 should be accompanied by an adult.