Mountain Leader Competition
In partnership with The North Face® , Glenmore Lodge and Trek & Mountain magazine, we are offering two lucky winners the chance to gain the skills required to achieve the Summer Mountain Leader Award (SML) whilst wearing the very best gear from The North Face.
The lucky winners will each be kitted out in £1000 worth of The North Face gear to enable them to complete the Mountain Leader course wearing the latest clothing and with the latest equipment from The North Face.
The Summer Mountain Leader Assessment
Once you have chosen North Face® gear from your local Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports store, Glenmore Lodge will provide training and assessment in all the technical skills you need to lead groups in the mountains, hills and moorlands of the UK and Ireland in summer conditions.<
Your six days of training will include navigation, leadership, emergency procedures and group management all designed to help you complete the Summer ML Award assessment.
More information about the course is available on the Glenmore Lodge website.
To enter answer the simple question below:
Terms and Conditions
Previous experience is required and all pre-requisite criteria for the courses must be met.
For further information on Summer Mountain Leader courses visit glenmorelodge.org.uk
- This promotion has been organised by Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd, PO Box 491, Salford, M5 0AE.
- Promotion partners and prize contributors are The North Face®, Glenmore Lodge and Trek & Mountain Ltd (Trek & Mountain Magazine).
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd., The North Face®, Glenmore Lodge and Trek & Mountain Ltd, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Closing date for receipt of entries is 23:59 November 19th, 2014.
- The winners will be drawn at random and notified by email or telephone within five days of the closing date.
- In the event a winner does not communicate his/her acceptance by email or telephone within three working days, Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd reserve the right to select another winner and the person not responding will waive their rights to all elements of the prize.
- The winners will be required to participate in unpaid post promotion publicity – the exact requirements will be agreed through discussion with the winners.
- The prize is not transferable and no prize or cash alternative is offered.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances a substitute prize of equal or greater value may be offered.
- The decision of Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd is final and binding to all entrants with regards to running of the competition and selection of winners. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of winners.
- Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd has the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time if circumstances make this necessary.
- The name and county of the winners can be obtained by sending a S.A.E to; The Marketing Department, Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd. PO Box 491, Salford, M5 0AE.
The North Face® kit element of the prize
- The winners will each receive The North Face® products of their choice to the value of £1000 at full retail price from an Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports store. Discount cards, vouchers etc. or special offers will not apply.
- No cash alternative will be given.
- No change will be given if products chosen come to less than £1000. If the value of products chosen come to more than £1000 the winner must pay the difference.
Glenmore Lodge element of the prize
- Two winners will each receive six days training towards the Summer Mountain Leader Award (SML).
- Glenmore Lodge instruction must be booked on a Summer Mountain Leader Training course between April – October 2015, subject to availability.
- Courses will be standard Glenmore Lodge Summer Mountain Leader Training courses as detailed at www.glenmorelodge.org.uk and you may be part of a larger group.
- Instruction is based at Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore on a full board basis.
- Entrants must be physically fit, active and able to participate fully in instructional sessions.
- Entrants must meet all Summer Mountain Leader Training course pre-requisites. Glenmore Lodge reserve the right to fully cancel the instructional element of the prize at any point should the participant/s not meet these criteria.
- Each winner will be eligible for reimbursement of travel costs up to the total maximum value of £250, receipts must be presented to Glenmore Lodge.
- The promoter, Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports Ltd. and promotion partners, The North Face®, Glenmore Lodge and Trek & Mountain Ltd (Trek & Mountain magazine) may use your information to contact you with offers/services of interest. If you are contacted you will be given the chance to refuse/unsubscribe from any further marketing communications.