WHAT'S ON NEAR YOU?
AVIEMORE ADVENTURE FESTIVAL 2017
AVIEMORE ADVENTURE FESTIVAL 2017
The Aviemore Adventure Festival (9-12 March) is an annual outdoor festival hosting a variety of films, talks, workshops and outdoor events covering a variety of outdoor sport disciplines.
Each year, some of the world's best climbers, mountaineers, adventurers, mountain bikers, kayakers, backcountry skiers and filmmakers descend on Aviemore to celebrate the best of outdoor & adventure culture.
The 2017 festival is bigger than ever before, packed with a superb line-up of events for the outdoor adventurer. For the first time it will incorporate activities and workshops alongside the mainstay of inspiring talks from leading outdoor athletes and exhilarating films from adventurers the world-over.
Thursday 9th March
- A day dedicated to celebrating women in outdoor sport!
- Ski touring & split boarding day at Cairngorm Mountain Ski Resort
- Live music at The Old Bridge Inn in aid of the Venture Trust.
Friday 10th March
- Opening lecture: The Adventure Session From Wales to Japan and all the Places in Between with long distance cyclist Emily Chappell.
- 10:00 -11:30 - Garmin product testing in-store. (For more info, email: email@example.com)
- 15:00 -16:30 - Inov-8 gear testing in-store. (To register for this event, please email: BruceDuncan@inov-8.com)
Saturday 11th March
- Taster sessions in canoeing, mountain biking, paddle boarding & rock climbing
- Gear testing sessions with:
10:00 -11:00 - Inov-8. (To register for this event email: BruceDuncan@inov-8.com)
11:30 - 12:30 - Leki. (To register for this event email: Simon.Tams@ardblairsports.com)
- Skills workshops including expedition planning & adventure film making
- Screenings of Dodo's Delight & Tuesdays
- Guest panel discussing 'what role adventure plays in education', considering self-discovery and the environment.
- 12:30 -14:00 - Inov-8 gear testing in-store. (To register for this event, please email: BruceDuncan@inov-8.com)
- 14:30 -17:00 -‘The running session’ film and talk by Paul Giblin
- World-renowned climber Cedar Wright headlines at the Spey Valley Cinema, covering his infectious desire for adventure, his exploits and acheivements.
- Festival party at Aviemore's Old Bridge Inn with live music and the chance to mingle with our guest stars as well as those involved in the outdoor community
Sunday 12th March
- Packrafting taster sessions in which adventurers combine rafting with longer hiking and cross-country expeditions
- Cedar Wright will also be on hand to run some climbing workshops, imparting his years of experience to up and coming climbers at Glenmore Lodge.
- Screening of A Line in the Snow, following a group of four British Skiers as they set off on an expedition to the wild coastline of East Greenland
- How to Become an Adventurer - Live Q&A with guest stars Alastair Humphreys & Cedar Wright
- Kayaking & watersport session with record-breaking paddler Justine Curgenven
- The Expedition Session - An evening with award-winning mountaineer and author Mick Fowler.
Our final event of this year's festival is the Expedition Session where we will be joined by none other than award-winning mountaineer and author Mick Fowler. He is widely acknowledged as a pioneer of rock climbs on sea cliffs and sea stacks, and for the use of ice-climbing techniques on soft chalk cliffs. The 3 time Pilot d'Or Winner has achieved first ascents of the north face of Sulamar, China, (6310m), Prow of Shiva, India (6,142m) and Kishtwar Kailash, India (6,451m).
Tickets for the Aviemore Adventure Festival 2017
Individual sessions from £9 (adults) / £7 (students & concessions)
Full Weekend Passes from £46
Children under 12 go FREE (if accompanied by an adult).
For tickets and a full programme of listings visit: www.AviemoreAdventure.org.
Posted by: Mike H
Tagged as: Climbing,Cycling