Are you up for the time of your life? To support the launch of the new Norrona GORE-TEX clothing we’re offering you the chance to win a once in a lifetime adventure to Lofoten, Norway with an outstanding crew of GORE-TEX® athletes.
1st Prize: Win a place on the 2016 GORE-TEX® Experience Tour in Lofoten!
2nd Prize: Win a GORE-TEX® jacket from Norrona!
How excited are you to join our athletes for their ultimately day? Let us know in a few words why you are the ideal candidate. Also let us know how experienced you are with ski touring and /or freeriding. This must be a minimum of 479 characters long with a maximum 1000 characters
HOW TO WIN
Three scores, all of which carry equal weight, are used to choose the finalists. These include:
- The score from your votes
- Your level of experience and motivation
- The decision from our jury (consisting of local retailers, Gore-representatives and the opinion of our athletes)
The judges decision is final.
It is important to note that during the selection process, the GORE-TEX® brand puts emphasis on fairness. We make use of the right to disqualify anyone believed to be abusing the voting system.
HOW TO BOOST YOUR SCORE
Be it votes or strong supporters behind you – boost your score!
- All applicants get a sign up bonus of 10 votes for submitting the application form.
- A retailer code can give you a bonus of 50 votes (once per applicant).
- Your friends can support you via the “support button” on your profile.
- A limited number of extra boost codes will be distributed via our social media channels. Stay tuned!
This GORE-TEX® Experience Tour will gather a selected group of outdoor enthusiasts from all over Europe. The goal is to spend a few perfect days in an outstanding landscape: The Norwegian Lofoten. It’s a rare opportunity to be able to both freeride and surf all in one day. So go for it and apply right now for your chance to ride and surf with the GORE-TEX® athletes Seb Michaud, Greg Hill and Nico Zacek as well as big wave surfer Sebastian Steudtner.
Some ski touring / splitboarding experience is needed, and participants will need to be in a fit condition. Technical alpine climbing skills are not a prerequisite – surfing skills are welcome but not mandatory.
Nico Zacek – The Freeski fanatic and emerging riders’ coach has won numerous international competitions and has frequently made it onto the winner’s podium at sports events around the world.
Seb Michaud – The Pioneer of the freeskiing scene is one of the best and best-known freeriders in the world and is known for his massive backflips…often from cliffs.
Greg Hill – Tackling a total elevation gain of more than 600,000 metres – spread over 71 mountains – within 266 days (in a calendar year), the ski mountaineer is in a league of his own.
Sebastian Steudtner – 20 metres high and 80 km/h define the waves the XXL Global Bigwave Winner 2010 and 2015 rides, which leads his way to the top as single German big wave surfer.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING
Some more good news: You will be equipped with the GORE-TEX® Norrona products needed for your once in a lifetime adventure! Nevertheless, please bring along standard ski touring equipment, including a layered clothing system, skis, touring boots, skins, avalanche equipment and helmet. A full kit list will be sent once you are selected for the trip. Surfing equipment will be supplied on site.
SAVE THE DATE
The voting process will close on the 23rd of December 2015 and the lucky winner will be announced in February 2016. The GORE-TEX® Experience Tour will take place in Lofoten between the 21st – 24th April 2016.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Europe: You must live in a European country
- US: You must live in a US country
- Europe: You must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of the tour
- US: You must be 21 or over and a US citizen
- You must have some English language skills
- You must have basic ski touring or splitboarding experience and the riding abilities to ride untracked terrain in variable snow conditions
- You should bring: standard ski touring (or splitboarding) equipment including a layered clothing system, skis, boots, skins, avalanche equipment, helmet
- A full kit list will be sent once you are selected for the trip
- You must be available to travel to Norway during 21. – 24. April 2016
- We will refund travel costs occurred based on receipts to a maximum of 250 Euros for each participant to support travel costs
- Accommodation & Food will be provided on sit