BRITAIN'S GOT SKIERS 2014
BRITAIN'S GOT SKIERS 2014
Ellis Brigham have been behind the production and distribution of an original British Freeski movie for each of the past 10 seasons.
The 2014/15 season will be no exception.
Four years ago saw a change in the concept from a team rider-led movie to an open editing competition where the top 10 entries submitted were used to put together the film. From June to August skiers/editors can submit short edits to our Facebook page 'Britain's Got Skiers' - the idea is to highlight and showcase the talent that the UK has within skiing so all edits to qualify must feature British Skiers.
Last year was very popular with 40 people submitting entries and the standard was high in all of them. The top 10 were then selected to create the DVD with the final edit of the film being the overall winner and taking home £500 cash as well as other prizes for Best under 16, Best female and a Judges special prize that was awarded for something of particular merit, an edit by a bunch of lads called Ski The Kingdom who’s footage was all filmed in the UK. The final DVD is still available for anyone to view on the Ellis Brigham Youtube channel.
Previous years have seen rider levels and ages of all sorts focusing on freestyle, freeride and big mountain disciplines. We have some truly world class athletes in the videos including James Woods who finished 5th in the Olympic ski slopestyle event who was in the 2012 winning edit. Last year saw the first winner who was completely unsponsored and had never entered the competition before, we felt that the quality and style of his editing was faultless, proving that this is a competition that isn't just about the standard of skiing.
Facebook.com/BRITAINSGOTSKIERS is not just about the competition, we run mini comps and have interesting content all year round so come and have a look at our page and if you have some footage from last season why not put an edit together and try to win £500!
Last Year's Finalists
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Edits must be less than 3 minutes long (no minimum time). Remember quality not quantity, you do not have to use the full 3 minutes.
- 1 entry per person.
- Footage must be from the 2013/2014 season, including summer 2014.
- No restriction on where the skiing takes place, but it must only feature UK skiers.
- There needs to be a plain screen with no music at the start listing the following: name(s) of skiers, name of editor, credits for any music used in the edit.
- Entries must be made to the Britain's Got Skiers Facebook site by 29th August.
- If one of your edits is chosen will contact you about obtaining a downloadable version.
- Winning edit (chosen by a panel of judges) will be announced at the London Ski Show. Entries making it into the final will be announced online, two per week in the run up to the premier.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate by the judges will be disqualified (including the use of foul or abusive language, so please carefully select your soundtracks!).
Big thanks to all our 2014 supporting partners including All Mountain Academy check out their summer courses here
Posted by: Mike H
Tagged as: Skiing