From the bustle of a Moroccan medina to the vast windswept vistas of New Zealand’s National Parks the varied nature of world travel offers an array of experiences to the adventure traveller. As travelling itineraries have become increasingly exotic and diverse so the equipment required to ensure safe, enjoyable trips has had to evolve. Travel packs and accessories have developed to offer the versatility needed to cope with very different demands placed upon them by contrasting environs encountered during world travel
Travel to remote locations also requires careful consideration of health and safety implications and a sophisticated range of products now exists to aid travellers to combat everything from disease –carrying insects and suspect water sources to unscrupulous pick pockets.
Here you will find useful links to travel advice plus advice on what equipment to pack for various expeditions, staff tips and advice on health & safety whilst travelling.
5 top travel tips for safe and happy travelling:
- Always take wet wipes and hand sanitiser – a traveller’s best friend – 1001 uses!!
- When taking a rucksack travelling, use the waterproof cover at the airport to protect all it’s buckles in transit
- Colour scan your passport, visa and medical certificates (eg. yellow fever) and then email it to yourself. That way, you always have a permanent back-up copy.
- For peace of mind and safety Pacsafe are ideal for inter railing and market place visits – you can chain it to yourself, a bike or to a train seat and it deters thieves from slitting your pack open.
- Use dry bags or pack-It cubes to organise your gear (Consider different colours for wet and dry clothing and accessories / food) this will help with quick and easy location of items on the move.
Click here to download the new rules for taking liquids through airport security: www.dft.gov.uk/airportsecurity